Park students will celebrate baseball and reading during our Right to Read Week, which will be held the week of May 18th. Even though achievement testing is over, we want the students to continue reading each night. During this special week of reading, we are asking you to sign one ticket, provided to the student, each night to verify that your child has indeed read at home. Students who return at least four of the five tickets will receive a prize at the end of the week. In addition, there will be a raflle drawing for prizes for those students who return all five tickets. The first ticket should be returned on Monday, showing that your child read over the weekend.
Each classroom will be doing special activities throughout the week related to the reading theme. In addition, there will be baseball realated trivia questions each day for prizes. To go along with our theme, there will be designated dress-up days as follows:
- Mon., May 18 Team Spirit Day – support your favorite team by wearing a jersey or hat
- Tues., May 19 Mudhens Field Trip – dress appropriately for the weather and ballpark
- Wed., May 20 Backwards Day – wear your clothes backwards to “back up your teammates”
- Thurs., May 21 All American Day – Baseball is the All-American sport. Wear red, white, and blue.
- Fri., May 22 Swanton Spirit Day – wear purple
We hope that you and your child will help Park School “hit it out of the park” during this special time. We are looking forward to an exciting week!