From left to right – Back Row: Jeff Schlade – Superintendent, Shannon Crow – Vice President, Chris Nijakowski – Member, Kris Oberheim – Member, Joyce Kinsman – Treasurer. From left to right – Front Row: Steve Brehmer – President, David Smith – Member.
Swanton Local School District | Board of Education
108 North Main Street | t: (419) 826 – 7085 | f: (419) 826 – 7589
Welcome to Swanton Local School Districts Board of Education page. Some of the more important duties of a Board of Education Member are:
- The Swanton Local Schools Board of Education are elected officials to serve the community in the following important ways:
- Sets educational goals and establishes policy for the school system based on state laws and community values.
- Performs the hiring and evaluating of a superintendent and treasurer.
- Holds superintendent and treasurer accountable for achieving the educational goals, that were set by the Board of Education, and managing the day-to-day affairs of the district in accordance with the school board’s policies.
- It is the responsibility of the board members to be good fiscal stewards and act in the best interest of the students and school district, remaining within scope of legal authority.
- School board members assist in building public support and understanding of public education.