Welcome to Swanton Schools! We hope the experiences of your child will be happy and productive. We can only enroll students under strict guidelines established by Ohio law–especially the Missing Children’s Act (Ohio Revised Code). When coming in for your registration appointment, please follow the guidelines below and bring your original documents to be copied. All forms are available in the right column on this page. Please print out all forms, fill out and bring with you to your meeting.
1. A parent/legal guardian must accompany the child and complete school forms before enrollment can take place.
2. The parent/legal guardian will have to furnish proof of parental authority by producing a birth certificate or passport. If you do not have an original birth certificate, contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics in the county where your child was born to obtain one.
3. The parent/legal guardian/foster parent will have to furnish custody papers, divorce decrees or foster placement agreements (entire documents), if necessary. If custody papers are required and not presented, the child cannot be admitted. If a custody change is in the progress, a notarized affidavit listing the court file number of the custody petition may be substituted, but for no longer than sixty (60) days.
4. The parent/legal guardian will have to furnish proof of residency in the Swanton School District in an approved domicile. This may be shown through a sales agreement for a house, a lease or rental contract, or a current utility bill listing the name and address. Letters from rental managers may be requested. All must be dated within the last thirty (30) days. If this is not available and the parent/guardian lives with someone, a Residency Affidavit Form will be required and needs to be filled out by the home owner and parent. This form must be notarized and proof of residency must be furnished by the owner of the residence.
5. Immunization records must be submitted at the time of enrollment and withdrawal grades must be obtained from the last school attended. The child will not be admitted without these records; or, in their place, an assurance from the prior school that the records will be released. Health records need to be submitted as soon as possible.
6. Once the child is cleared for enrollment, attendance will not begin until the following day.
I have read and understand the document requirements for admission. I understand my child will be withdrawn from school and legal authorities will be notified if these documents are not true and correct representations of fact.
Please contact Ashley Stambaugh, Central Registration (419.826.7085),
to set up your registration meeting or if you have any questions.
The registration meeting will be held at the
Swanton Board of Education, 108 N. Main St., Swanton, OH 43558.